[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Severe Problem with 1.2b1 HTTPS support
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:09:27 +0200
Hi,

I am experiencing the same pb.

I use M0n0Wall 1.2b1.
I enabled https admin on M0n0Wall server, it runs OK since yesterday
morning.

This morning, I activated captive portal with https support for clients
(Radius authentications).
It works well for testing purpose for me (alone on the wire).
But captive portal https hangs a couple of hours later (2 students
couldn't get the login page).

Unchecking and rechecking HTTPS support in captive portal config don't

the moment...

No entries in the logs...
Seems that the process silently die...
M0n0 HTTPS Admin still works in the meantime.

Matt, I applied your patch (portal logging) and modify it in order to
add logout logging.
It works if user clicks on the "Logout" Windows to exit but nothing is
logged if the user is disconnected by the idle timeout.
Is there a way to log it ?

Thanks

Denis

Matt Juszczak wrote:
> On thursday, I reimaged our current m0n0wall boxes with HTTPS support.
> Friday morning when I came into work, users were getting a connection
> timed out error while their browser was trying to load
> https://m0n0wall:8001 for authentication.
>
> I did a ps aux from exec.php as well as a netstat and saw that the https
> server on 8001 was not running.  To restart it, I unchecked the "Enable
> HTTPS support" option in m0n0wall's config and rechecked it, which
> restarted the server.  Monday morning I came in and once again the box
> was down (however it worked for a good couple hours on Friday before
> dieing).
>
> This is not our heavy traffic box, but we were planning on moving
> m0n0wall to our housing network, and with this drop out all the time
> we're not sure if we can right away.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> Regards, Matt

Denis Mirassou

Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse (C.I.C.T)