[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request: Beep on Bootup OK
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:56:43 +0200
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:47:28 -0700, sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there would ever be an addition of a "feature" such
> as a beep or two when the m0n0 has booted up into full and working
> state.  This feature is similar to the way smoothwall does it or some
> of the other firewall-in-a-box solutions out there.
>
> I know that m0n0 boots up at blazing speeds and I can do a ping to see
> if it's up or not, but being headless and all, it would give me (and
> clients) the peace of mind to actually "hear" it when it starts up.

If this feature will be implemented, it should be configurable. The
noise upon boot, shutdown and connection dropping/reinitializing was
annoying most of the time (because it happened at night and it was
pretty loud).
I have to admit, however, that sometimes it was reassuring if I could
just ring home and actually *hear* the connection go up over the phone
:-)

> Thanks.
> /sylikc

Axel

--

VoIP: 8002887 at sipgate dot de * cell: +49.178.285-3265