[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ADSL m0n0wall users in the UK
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:52:59 +0100
I've had quite a few off-list questions in the last few weeks asking whether
I'd had any success getting an ADSL modem to work with PPPoA here in the UK,
presumably relating to my post to the list many months ago:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=67&actionargs[]=41

Since I've been able to persuade the ADSLNation X-Modem CE to work happily
with m0n0, and one of the folks I replied to off-list has confirmed my
suggestion worked with his Dlink DSL-300T, I think it'd be a good idea to
compile a list of devices known to work with m0n0wall for addition to the
Wiki.

So, can folks who've got m0n0wall successfully working with ADSL - PPPoA
please let me know what make/model of device they're using, whether it
required any special settings, etc. so I can compile a list.

Example
----------
ADSLNation X-Modem CE works but needs the following console commands run
when the IP changes:
	route delete default
	route add default -interface -link fxp2
Substituting fxp2 with your WAN interface. Also make sure "block local
networks" is unchecked.
(FWIW, this also works for the DSL-300T)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579