[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  "'Chris Bagnall'" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ADSL m0n0wall users in the UK
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:51:17 +0100
> Any idea where you originally saw the fix? I searched
> the m0n0 mailing list at the time I bought it (a few
> months ago) but couldn't find anything.

I believe actually that I read about this fix in a post made by you a
couple of weeks back :)

> Does your ADSL provider offer multiple WAN IPs? It'd be
> great to find out whether the X-Modem + m0n0 configuration
> will work in that configuration, either using Server NAT
> or 1:1 mapping within m0n0.

Sorry, I currently have a home user package which offers only a single
dynamic address which caused my problem in the first place. Running a
community wlan, I can't really afford the business package :(

After some exploration of m0n0's config files would I be correct in
guessing that /etc/rc.newwanip is a script executed every time the WAN
IP updates? If so it surely wont be much bother modding it to execute
our bug fix. Can anyone shed some light?

Cheers all,

Adam.

---