[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian <belstsrv at nauticom dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NICs Not Detected - SOLVED
 Date:  Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:35:56 -0400
Just wanted to send out a note to the list that I was able to get my NIC
issues resolved.  I went in to the BIOS and did the 'reset config data'
and then booted m0n0 with a CD and everything worked great!  I'll be
setting up a HDD install soon, but I wanted to try the CD install in
case it would not work and I needed to go back to IPCop.

I set up some initial shaping rules with the wizard and all seems well
so far.  I need to do some reading on shaping and on setting up my DMZ,
but so far m0n0 seems very good.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Regards,
Brian

Brian wrote:

> Jim Gifford wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:47:31 -0400, Brian <belstsrv at nauticom dot net> wrote:
>>

>>> *snip*

>>> I did try that a few times, but never had success.  When you use
>>> Smoothwall or IPCop, it breaks up the HDD in to 3 parts:
>>>
>>> hda1 = boot
>>> hda2 = /