[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lew Maggio" <lew at lsfc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  monowall pc does not respond to network
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:55:08 -0500
I set up a monowall pc as my router, excellent product, works
flawlessly.  Set it up on an IBM Pentium II something or other with 64mb
of RAM.

Needed another router, took a Quantex (old school dell knockoff) PII w/
192mb of ram.  Put in 3 RTL 8139C network cards.  Used same cd image as
the other router.  Set up lan address, plugged in a crossover cable to
my laptop, tried all 3 cards, could not get a ping.  Tried each one with
a switch, could not get a ping.  Then I put in 3 3com Etherlink cards
3xp chipset.  Reset IP, could not ping any of them with crossover,
switch, different PCs, etc.

I guess my questions are:  1.  What could cause this?  Some kind of
compatibility problem with the motherboard?  2.  What further
information do you need to figure out what is doing this.