[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <lists at 802dsl dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Itronix and M0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:40:13 -0500
I have been having problems trying to get M0n0 to boot on an Itronix XC-6250
ruggedized laptop. I have flashed the 3gig hdd using physdiskwrite .5, -u,
and everything starts up fine until it gets to here:

ata0-master: no status, reselecting device
ata0-master: timeout sending command=ec s=ff e=00
ata0-master: ATA identify failed
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c

*********************************
* FATAL ERROR
* The device that contains the configuration file (config.xml) could not be
* found. m0n0wall cannot continue booting
*********************************

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'vnlru' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'bufdaemon' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'syncer' to stop...stopped

syncing disks...
done
Uptime: 7s

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

Any ideas on what is causing this? With the Itronix's touchscreen, I thought
this would make an excellent AP so I bought a pallet load of them. I do know
that other Itronix owners have been succesful in getting netbsd and linux,
with minor issues. If I can get M0n0 running (fingers crossed), what are the
chances of a touchscreen driver coming along??? TIA

Tom