[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  lan server not accessible
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:44:42 +0100
hi i have a very wierd prob with my m0n0wall box, basically ive just *found*
m0n0wall and made the switch from smoothie and working GREAT (esp the load
balancer :D) except i cant seem to get to open holes in the firewall!

im connecting via an ethernet adsl modem, both that and the m0n0wall box have
thier own public ip. i have setup on another public ip a 1:1 link with a lan
server. I have added a rule pemmiting all packets/protocols/ports to this lan
ip BUT... if try and connected from a machine outside the firewall it doesnt
let me through. if i disable the firewall rule and ping the 1:1 public ip i
see the blocked packets, if i then enable the rule with logging i can see
imcp/tcp packet in the log as passed. YET i get no response from the server
outside the m0n0wall but i do inside!

HELP!

Regards
~Mat Johns