[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall pc does not respond to network
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:29:34 -0400
Make sure you disable junk like onboard audio, the com ports (if you're not
using them for a terminal), parallel port, etc.  You'll also want to be sure
the BIOS isn't reserving any IRQ's for ISA (legacy) devices.

I've found the best performance and most predictable behavior in older
systems when each NIC has its own IRQ.

Don't use the RTL8139C (realtec) chipset NICs, you'll have nothing but
problems.

Start from there, then check stuff like cables, switches, etc, for
functionality.  Also try it with just two NICs.

-Rob