[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  WipeOut <wipe underscore out at users dot sourceforge dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic shaping and NAT..
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:53:10 +0100
Hi,

I am trying to set my VoIP gateway (Asterisk) to have the highest priority
to the bandwidth on my ADSL line.. My ADSL is 1024kbps in and 256kbps out..

I have attached my config as I have it so far below this email..

My question is..

I am prioritising all traffic to and from and internal (192.168.1.9) host
but will M0n0wall see the tarffic coming in from the internet with the correct
destination address for the rule to work since I am using NAT?
or
Should I make the inbound rule work on the LAN interface instead of the
WAN?

Thanks..

<shaper>
        <enable/>