[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  WipeOut <wipe underscore out at users dot sourceforge dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How is bandwidth allocated when a mask is used?
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:46:55 +0100
Hi,

If I use a source or desination mask I understand that it causes virtual
pipes or queues to be created for each host..

If the pipe has 1000k of bandwidth and there are 10 hosts putting data
through that pipe and a source mask is used will the available bandwidth
for each host be 1000k or 100k??

In other words is it..
Total Bandwidth = Bandwidth of pipe x number of hosts

or..

Bandwidth available to each host = Total bandwidth / Number of hosts

Thanks