[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  monideth dot pen at unitednetworks dot co dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Automated config.xml remote backup - solution
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:10:03 +0100
Jim,

Yes - I've found it now - I was searching the website, rather that the
email archives.

I don't like re-inventing the wheel - but it certainly made me learn a bit
more!

Interesting to see the CVS integration - I am only currently saving and
zipping the config locally on my machine and then FTPing them to a remote
backup sever.

Regards,

Mon

Note: Please take note of our new office contact numbers.

Monideth Pen

IP Product Engineering Manager

Email:          monideth dot pen at unitednetworks dot co dot uk

Mobile:         +44 (0)7801 665563

HQ                                       Switch Site

     United Networks Ltd.                     United Networks Ltd.
     Network House                            2nd Floor Challenger House
     15 High Street                           42 Adler Street
     Hampton Hill                             London E1 1EE
     Middlesex  TW12 1NB                      UK
     UK

DDI: +44 (0)20 8635 5570                 DDI: +44 (0)20 7177 6023

Tel: +44 (0)20 8635 5555                 Tel: +44 (0)20 7177 6000
Fax: +44 (0)20 8635 5550                 Fax: +44 (0)20 7177 6060

http://www.unitednetworks.co.uk          http://www.veloxnet.com

IM:             ICQ     - 53372490
                Yahoo!  - monideth at yahoo dot com
                MSN     - monideth at hotmail dot com

Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
21/10/2004 17:56
Please respond to Jim Gifford

        To:     m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [m0n0wall] Automated config.xml remote backup
- solution

I actually posted a shell script that does exactly this using curl
quite some time ago.  The script additionally shoved the data into cvs
once it was fetched.  This should have been findable in the archives.

In fact, I just copied over that same script to a machine at my
parents house yesterday to automatically back up their m0n0wall
configuration, and only had to change the username and password and ip
to match their m0n0wall configuration (and of course the CVSROOT).

jim