[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  scekov at freemail dot com dot mk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Arp Static Entry
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:53:55 -0400
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:11:54 +0200, Slavcho Cekov
<scekov at freemail dot com dot mk> wrote:
> Hi I have problem when I like to block some user to use internet. Users use static IP adresses.
One user ip is blocked, I like to block MAC. He is cheating and he is always changing his ip (with
some ip that is not blocked and is not used at the moment). I have add static arp entries for all
users with arp -s <IP> <MAC> but nothing was changed. User is changing his IP again and again.
Should I enable some option or something or maybe someone can tell me some hard way:) how to
implement this??

If he's smart enough to change his IP around to get around
restrictions, he'll be smart enough to change his MAC address too (and
might be doing that already).  That's not a good solution.

Sounds like it's time for a non-technical solution.  Depending on what
the environment is, the potential solutions will vary.

You'll never find a way to lock out a determined person via MAC and/or
IP address controls.