[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darryl Okahata <darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Cc:  "'Peter Parnican'" <peter at procad dot sk>, "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Saving energy
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:41:13 -0700
"James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz> wrote:

> 110 - 150 Watts is probably based on an active machine with monitor
> and some hard disk activity. Monitor alone could draw 70W or more (my

     Power consumption is highly variable.  Older machines can draw
110-150W (or less), but the current, high-end desktops (with monitor)
with high-performance graphics cards can easily draw 300W++ (actually, I
suspect that this number is too low).  Older Celeron-based boxes without
monitor can draw ~70W.  Desktop boxes (w/o monitor) using a mobile
Athlon XP-M CPU can draw <~90W.  And, as you've said, a Soekris box will
draw ~10W.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com