[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Saving energy
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:06:31 +0100
> That feature is in 1.2b1 and uses plain old IDE commands.
> Seems to work well for those who have tried it so far, and
> it's recommended not only for saving energy, but also to
> increase the MTBF. ;)

On the whole saving energy subject, is m0n0 able to take advantage of any
CPU power throttling states that might be supported on newer chips? At the
most basic level I'm thinking HLT command which nearly every CPU should
support, but how about the speedstep stuff on PIIIs? Or is it simpler just
underclocking CPUs in the BIOS if supported?

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579