[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Panic Miroslav" <Miroslav dot Panic at metro dash cc dot co dot yu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Routing problems
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:28:08 +0200
Hello all, this is my first letter to this list :)

Anyway, let's get to the problem.

I have a cable provider which provided me these settings:
Subnet mask:
DNS: and .3

M0n0wall box has two nic's, one lan, and one wan. Lan is configured as
Lan IP:
Wan IP: ; Gateway:

Cable modem ip is:

Note: when I connect modem directly wo windows box with manual settings
everyhting works fine.

Now, the real problem. I cannot get past the Nic WAN?1 when I try to
ping cable modem directly, it says:
Pinging [] destination host unreachable?!

I cannot ping anything but WAN nic. Firewall rules are default,
everyhting goes out, nothing comes in.

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated, cheers!

Miroslav Panic
Network and Infrastructure Administrator

Information Technologies
Metro Cash & Carry Serbia

Terazije 41, 11000 Belgrade

+381 11 33 46 460/142