[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Latimer <klatimer at tolent dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Can I do this with OPTx?
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:57:47 +0100
There's not a great deal of documentation regarding the optional
interfaces, but if I quickly run through what I wan to do can anyone
tell me if I can do this before I go ahead and waste a day?

One m0n0wall, 5 interfaces, LAN, WAN and OPT1-OPT3.  WAN and OPTs
plugged into a seperate DSL router with two IP's on a /30.  I want to
run IPSEC endpoints on each of those interfaces and route that traffic
to the LAN.  Will that work, or am I using the OPT interfaces for
something they weren't intended for?  Will I need to create rules for
all this traffic or will they, like IPSEC to the WAN interface, "just work"?

I only really want to do NAT for 'net access on the WAN interface, the
other interfaces will be purely for IPSEC.

Cheers,

Kev