[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Anders Rambrant" <anders at awr dot se>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>Message-ID: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Saving energy
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:11:11 +0200
>Hallo Peter,
>
>Peter Parnican schrieb am 21. October 2004:
>
>>That is quite big differences 26W to 110W.  ..Is my calculation OK ?
>
>Don't know. If you're concerned about energy: get an embedded PC
>(Soekris or WRAP) which only consumes about 8 watts and is less likely
>for HD-crashes and/or faulting fans (powersupply, cpu-cooler, etc.).
>
>Regards  Frederick

If you like to optimize on cost vs. power consumption i think an old =
Pentium PC is a good choice.
I run a m0n0 on a P120 with CF-adapter, pulled out everything(graph, =
tbd, hdd, cd, audio etc) but the 2 NIC's needed. And the power =
consumption is about 15W in total. It is spaceous compared to a Soekris =
but heck alot cheaper.
My 5 cents to the subject.

/Anders Rambrant