[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  monideth dot pen at unitednetworks dot co dot uk
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Automated config.xml remote backup - solution
 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:17:56 +0100
All,

For those looking to get fully automated configuration backups I have the
answer!

I am using WGET - but you can also use CURL

I am using the following command:

wget --post-data 'Submit=Download'
https://<username>:<password>@<host_ip>/diag_backup.php -O  config.xml

Note: use http if your are not using https (shame on you!)

Note: you can also wget the status.php page with a normal wget command
(i.e. without the need for POST data information) - but the problem with
this is that you get a HTML based page that also contain other details.

This can be put in a script and run by cron on a daily, hourly or whatever
basis.

I hope this helps somebody as I been trying to figure this one out for
ages!!! I can sleep better tonight now.

Regards,

Mon

Note: Please take note of our new office contact numbers.

Monideth Pen

IP Product Engineering Manager

Email:          monideth dot pen at unitednetworks dot co dot uk

Mobile:         +44 (0)7801 665563

HQ                                       Switch Site

     United Networks Ltd.                     United Networks Ltd.
     Network House                            2nd Floor Challenger House
     15 High Street                           42 Adler Street
     Hampton Hill                             London E1 1EE
     Middlesex  TW12 1NB                      UK
     UK

DDI: +44 (0)20 8635 5570                 DDI: +44 (0)20 7177 6023

Tel: +44 (0)20 8635 5555                 Tel: +44 (0)20 7177 6000
Fax: +44 (0)20 8635 5550                 Fax: +44 (0)20 7177 6060

http://www.unitednetworks.co.uk          http://www.veloxnet.com

IM:             ICQ     - 53372490
                Yahoo!  - monideth at yahoo dot com
                MSN     - monideth at hotmail dot com