[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Panic Miroslav" <Miroslav dot Panic at metro dash cc dot co dot yu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Routing problems
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:08:08 +0200
> This is very weird. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're actually going
> through no less than *three* NAT layers here... The IP your

Yes, this is the point, i know it's stupid, port forwarding is out of
the question, I just wanted to add a firewall to prevent attacks from
inside the 10/8 network.

> First thing to do is to disable "block private networks" on
> the WAN setup
> page. The "destination host unreachable" error is most likely
> because you
> can't route from 10.1.0.2 (your def. gateway) back into your
> own network
> (192.168).

I tried it as disabled and enabled and cannot get it to work

> When you connect the cable modem directly to a PC,
> what IP does the PC get?

I do not get anything, since the provider is not running dhcp at all, I
have to use static ip

> Is it in the 192.168 range? If so, the cable modem
> is definitely running as a NAT layer. If not, and your PC
> gets the true
> 10.2.114.20 address, then your modem is most likely already
> running as a bridge.

It appears to be in a bridge mode since it only works with manually
enetered address

> 1) Connect cable modem to a single PC and use its web interface to
> reconfigure it to work in non-NAT mode if possible (might be
> called PPP
> half-bridge, IP passthrough, DHCP spoof mode, something like
> that). Then
> give it your external IP (10.2.114.20).
> 2) Tell m0n0 to get the IP automatically by DHCP on the WAN interface.

I'm not sure if I understand this. 1.Do you want me to connect cable
modem to another pc or monowall? I will try with bridging...