[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Peter Parnican <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Saving energy - booting from USB flash disc
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:02:15 -0400
you can do this only if the system you are using has the BIOS capability to
boot from a USB attached storage device (only newer systems can do this). I
carry around an old 8MB USB thumb drive w/ m0n0 on it as a demo.

Certainly has the "ooohhhh" and "ahhhh" factor. =)

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311