[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dmz setup not working
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:45:46 -0700
sai,

> I should have said I cannot connect from the Internet (ie WAN) to the
> servers..the supplier needs to connect to them to configure them.
> Today I find that one server had the wrong gateway so no connection was
> possible - fixed that.  I can now connect from the WAN to server1 .
> Server2 was not accepting connections anyway (ie not even accepting
> connections from within the LAN) so its not my problem at the moment!

Hehe, I have to remember to think about machine configuration when it
comes down to routing problems ;)

> Will the supplier be able to connect to server1 with this setup or do I
> need to add more rules. I ask because I can connect (ie "connection
> established" using "telnet 222.x.x.35 8xx1" but I get nothing on the
> screen. Not sure what sort of server is handling the other end.

Well, with the port forwarding rules set up automatically, that's it,
you're done.  In this setup though, the servers can only receive
connections and talk that way, it can't make any connections unless
you permit outbound rules from the DMZ.  That's the only thing you
"might" have to do if the application on the server1/2 needs to make
an outbound connection (for ex, web servers do NOT, FTP servers DO)...

/sylikc