[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Panic Miroslav <miroslav dot panic at metro dash cc dot co dot yu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routing problems
 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:54:23 -0400
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:28:08 +0200, Panic Miroslav
<miroslav dot panic at metro dash cc dot co dot yu> wrote:

> I have a cable provider which provided me these settings:
> IP: 10.2.114.20
> Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
> Gateway: 10.1.0.2
> DNS: 82.117.194.2 and .3

ick.  ugly, ugly.

Unless you mistyped something, your default gateway isn't within the
subnet of your WAN IP.  Double check your subnet mask, IP, and
gateway.  Check with your ISP to see why they're giving you an invalid
gateway or subnet mask (one of them has to be wrong).

Might want to try changing the mask to a /8.

-Chris