[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Netvista 2800 & m0n0
 Date:  Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:32:14 +0200

> I own one of these nice Netvista 2800 with integrated CF-reader (ide). Perfect target for m0n0.
However, somehow I must have borked the device. I am unable to enter the  PXE-enabled BIOS to set it
up to boot from the cf. I am only able to get into the NS-BOOT titled BIOS. In this (functionality
crippled) BIOS there is a submenu for setting it to boot the PXEBIOS. However this does not work for
me. It always comes up with that NSB. Oh irony : On the IBM website there are only informations how
to get into that NSB instead of the PXE. But not the other way..  The BIOS is from 2002.
Maybe this one helps (from [1]):

Inaccurate network settings

NS boot may not show accurate network settings when booting from flash
because the firmware does not have access to the network settings file.
The Setup Utility is used to configure network settings when booting
from flash, and network settings are stored in a file on the flash card.
Therefore, the Setup Utility should be used to view network settings
when booting from flash. If flash booted network settings need to be
reset, use the Setup Utility Management/Restore Defaults and Restore

(Other) interestings links:
[1]
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4RST8B
[2]
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4J6RG4
[3]
http://www.externalserver.me.uk/newsticker.nsf/netvista%20Thin%20Client?OpenPage
[4] http://howto.ipng.be/NetstationWiki/

Please inform me, if it helps. I'm also very interested in running m0n0
on (old and cheap) thin clients.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     After 14 non-maintainer releases, I'm the
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   S-Lang non-maintainer.  -- Ray Dassen