[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dial-on-demand flaw in 1.2b2 (was: Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b2: PPPoE broken?)
 Date:  Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:29:47 +0200
To those who have already downloaded 1.2b2 and use PPPoE/PPTP on WAN:
there's a minor flaw in dial-on-demand handling; specifically, if you
hit "Save" on the Interfaces: WAN page under 1.2b2 once,
dial-on-demand is turned on even if you didn't check the box. Once
set, it can't be turned off anymore. This happened because I modified
the way the on/off setting for dial-on-demand is stored in Peter's
interfaces.inc code, to be consistent with the way such things are
done in m0n0wall, but neglected to do the same to interfaces_wan.php.

I decided to re-release 1.2b2 since this is only a minor
(webGUI-only) correction. If you use PPPoE/PPTP on WAN, please get
the new release of 1.2b2 (build time: 23:57 - should be available on
all mirrors within a few hours) to avoid this problem, and hit "Save"
on Interfaces: WAN again to correct the config if you've already
modified anything on Interfaces: WAN with the first 1.2b2 release.

- Manuel