[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Thrift <andrewt at thrift dot kicks dash ass dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN major issues
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:05:19 +1300
O.k. after a LOT of mucking around I got the tunnel established using the
default keys from the linux sources.

This is what I discovered:

1.		Time on server and client end must be CORRECT (e.g. must be newer than
		date certificates were made, VERY hard to do on a WRAP!!!)

2.		Server end creates tun0 interface with 10.7.1.1 -- 10.7.1.2 tunnel

3.		Client end creates tun1 interface with 10.7.1.6 -- 10.7.1.5 tunnel

4.		Cannot ping any address other than the local end of the tunnel due to the
		tunnel ends being incorrect.

5.		Client machine will not respond to ANY requests on the WAN interface even
		though firewall rules exist to allow ICMP/HTTP/Everything through, and have
		been recreated.

I am using a TUN device of course.

Any help on these issues is REALLY REALLY appreciated.  I am quite angry at it
after spending the last 6 hours trying to get it working properly.