[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Haglund <daniel at haglunds dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bug? - BOOTP client works but IP does not show
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:59:24 +0200
Hi.

I just hooked up an old HP LaserJet printer to my network where I use m0n0wall
as a DHCP-server.

The old LaserJet does not support DHCP but it does support BOOTP. Since DHCP
is usually backwards compatible if figured I'd give it a try. It turns out
the LaserJet got an IP just fine but it does not show in the DHCP leases
page. I had to execute "cat /var/db/dhcpd.leases" from the exec.php page to
find what IP the LaserJet was given.

While this is not a big problem I figured it should probably be an easy fix
anyway so I thought I'd let you know.

Best regards,

Daniel Haglund