[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andre Maoro <andre at maoro dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.2b2 - OpenVPN Certificates and Keys. How?
 Date:  Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:48:44 +0200
Hi!
First of all, great job Manuel! I love m0n0 and the new features in
1.2b2 are great!
Thank you!

Now to my question:

I'm using OpenVPN a whole time now, but now monowall supports it itself,
which is in fact really cool, but I can't get it to run with this SSL stuff.
I always used the static key method to authenticate my clients, but mono
wants that I use the safe way, but I'm really not familiar with SSL.
I spend this afternoon with reading the readme files an trying around,
but I didn't get it to run.

Is there anyone who could tell me, what exactly I have to do?
I need to know, which certificates and keys I need either for the server
(mono)
and also for my clients. Some are windows boxes, some of them are
running linux.
I also have a linux box, which is my current OpenVPN server, so I have
all the
tools I need to generate those certificates etc.

It would be great, if anyone would tell me step-by-step what I have to
do, to generate
the certificates and keys and which of them I have to give to my clients
and where
they have to put them.

Or is there a way to use the easier method with the static keys? I know
that this
isn't really safe, but it's safe enough for my purpose...

Thanks in advance and please excuse my english ;)

Greets,
Andre