[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Turn off stateful inspection
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:55:13 +0200
Hallo Paul,

Paul Evans schrieb am 26. October 2004:

>You're right, I've been using m0n0 as a firewall for some time
>however I now need a very quick simple router with traffic shaping
>capabilities running off a compact flash.

I'm still not getting, why you would want to turn off stateful
inspection. What kind of actual problems are you experiencing, that
would go away? (In your opinion). I assume, that you want something
else and are asking the wrong question.

>I don't have the time to build an OS image from the ground up

That's the reason, why things like m0n0wall, IPCop, fli4l and others
do exist. But they ALL (including commercial, proprietary routers)
have some kind of stateful inspection.

>so was wondering if I could easily adapt m0n0.

>I was hoping there'd be an easy way of using the shell command PHP to
>amend the ipfw rules?

Why not use the web-interface? You can disable packet-filtering here
(if that's what you really want).

Regards   Frederick