[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b2 release: Dial-On-Demand/Idle timeout still broken
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:21:37 +0200
Hi Garret!

I want to help you, but I'm not sure that you want help from me?!

You have been asked to:
a) configure your MUA to a correct line-length,
b) provide me with a output from syslog

No answer to it, but instead a further mail to this list ...

Am Di, den 26.10.2004 schrieb Garrett um 17:51:
> When 'Dial-On-Demand mode' is enabled, the 'Idle timeout'
> field does not accept a value of 0 (disable),
Ok, consider this as a bug. I will see how we correct this till next
beta version (I think, there is no need for filling in 0 secs).

> and entering anything else (eg. 60 secs) seems to break
> PPPoE until 'Dial-On-Demand' is disabled.
What _exactly_ do you mean by saying "(it) seems to break PPPoE"? I can
not reproduce it, because I do not know your config nor do I have a
syslog output from what is going on. For me and others it works.

Please be sure to get the version with build time 23:57 if you use
PPPoE/PPTP on WAN!

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           People disagree with me. I just ignore them.
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     -- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++