[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Garrett" <glc at c dash email dot com>
 To:  "Peter Allgeyer" <allgeyer at web dot de>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b2 re-release: Dial-On-Demand/Idle timeout stillbroken
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:34:02 -0700
>You have been asked to:
>a) configure your MUA to a correct line-length,
>b) provide me with a output from syslog

>No answer to it, but instead a further mail to this list ...

a) Sorry, not sure what MUA is.
b) How do I do that?

I was waiting for the re-release of b2, as you indicated it was coming in your last msg.

>(I think, there is no need for filling in 0 >secs).

m0n0 will not accept a blank idle timeout field If dial on demand is enabled, and it will not accept
an idle timeout of 0 (disabled).

>What _exactly_ do you mean by saying "(it) seems to >break PPPoE"?

If dial on demand is enabled, and idle timeout is greather than 0 (I tried 30 and 60 secs), m0n0
will successfully save the changes, but I loose Internet access.  Disabling dial on demand brings
Internet access back.

>Please be sure to get the version with build time 23:57 if >you use PPPoE/PPTP on WAN!

I have the re-release.