[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fw: [m0n0wall] DNS forwarder/register DHCP leases in forwarder
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:33:21 -0400
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:34:39 -0700, Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com> wrote:

> Well, I can ping by host name, but cannot map drives (by IP or host name).

If you can't map by IP either, but can ping by host name, then it
definitely sounds like some issue unrelated to DNS.

/me doesn't recall ever mapping a Windows share in DOS...  I was in
Novell shops back then.

If DOS works like Win 9x/NT4, it's not finding the system by host name
because it's not going to try DNS to get a NetBIOS host name.

-Chris