[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  releasing WAN DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:11:42 -0700
I saw in the archives that some other people requested the feature to
release the IP address on the WAN interface.  I still don't see it available
or am I missing something?  Is there a way I can manually.

Comcast now enforces one IP address and I think for some reason port 21
outgoing is being blocked.  I'd like to grab a new IP address by spoofing
the MAC to test that theory.  Could be that someone previously abused that
IP address and now I'm suffering because of it.