[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] releasing WAN DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:13:36 -0700
> Rebooting will only get the same IP address again which would be a
> fruitless effort.

Not if you change the MAC address prior to doing so, as you had
mentioned something about.

I also mentioned that Comcast is on a strict one IP address policy now.
What wasn't a problem back then is now a problem if I can't release the IP
address to obtain a new one.  I'll still give it a shot to see if I am able
to get a new IP address as I certainly had problems when I was directly
connected.