[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  monideth dot pen at unitednetworks dot co dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  saving to USB/compack flash or HD
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:36:41 +0100
Hi

I have searched the archives but I did not find an answer to this
question. I apologise if this has already been answered.

Can the config be saved to USB or compact flash when using the CDROM image
option.

I assume the config IS saved to compact flash or HD when this image is
used.

Is there a way to get m0n0wall to choose/force it to save to a USB flash
drive location.

I understand that normally /conf is just mapped to the floppy disk dev,
this in theory it would be just a matter of re-linkung this to the USB
flash drive. However, I assume this is currently hard-coded in the CD iso
image version.

It would be nice to be able to have the option to either write to two
different location, with one being the prefered and the other for backup.
For example what happens if the floppy disk is faulty and you just happen
to remotely reboot!

I appreciate any help on this matter.

Regards,

Mon