[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  pmok at optushome dot com dot au, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2 wans one m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:00:51 -0600
pmok at optushome dot com dot au wrote:

>M0n0Wall 1 => 192.168.0.10
>M0n0Wall 2 => 192.168.0.20
>
>Client PCs => 192.168.0.xx
>Where xx = from 30 to whatever.
>
>Depending on which ISP I want to connect
>to on each client, I manually set DNS, Gateway, and
>IP address.
>
>Interestingly, I can receive emails from one ISP while
>connected to the other. Say if I connect to ISP 1, I can
>receive email from my email account from ISP 2, but can't
>send.

There is a bit of a back you can use to get mail working regardless of
which default gateway you happen to be used.  On the .20 m0n0wall, add a
routing table entry to redirect all traffic to the other ISP to
192.168.0.10.

m0n0wall will redirect the traffic, and send an ICMP type-5 packet back
to tell the client that from now on, direct traffic to that IP to
192.168.0.10 instead.

I use this technique to move some types of traffic from my primary
m0n0wall box to a secondary ADSL line (which is normally idle -- It's
just a backup connection -- I figure I may as well use it for high
bandwidth, low priority stuff in the mean time)

--
If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
It would be immediately apparent as I would not hesitate to kill you