[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN Issues...
 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:15:48 +0200
-------- Original Message --------

> How can I check, if the ovpn-process is really running?

Take a look at the Processes on the status.php page

> How is the configuration propagated
> to ovpn. By commandline or by configfile?

Like for all daemons in m0n0wall, the configuration is generated on the
fly. For OpenVPN, it's in /etc/openvpn.inc (line 125):

mwexec("/usr/local/sbin/openvpn " . ovpn_srv_config_generate());

Take a look at the code: it's easy to read and you can learn a lot!

> How can I (re-)start ovpn?

Just go to the OpenVPN Serve page and press the SAVE button without
modifying anything.

> Another Thing: As I played with some of the betas of ovpn in m0n0, I
> have two config-branches for ovpn now: <ovpn /> and <openvpn />. Which
> is the official one used, and which one should I remove?

It's "ovpn".
(again, read the sources, it's in the rootfs-1.2b2.tar.gz archive)

> [1] BTW: a minor cosmetic bug in the log-viewer: In the
> PPTP-VPN-Windows, there is the title "Firewall-Log". looks like
> copy&paste...

Just to be sure: send a message to Manuel (mk at neon1 dot net).

Regards,

-- Vincent