[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ian Chilton <ian at ichilton dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall Wont Talk to Network
 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:54:57 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to run m0n0wall 1.1 on an old PC (P200, 98MB RAM) with a
CDROM and floppy.

It boots fine, detects the network cards and even seems to detect the
link state correctly. I can assign the network cards and set the ip ok
but I just can't ping or connect to that ip over the network.

I've tried different network cards (3com and Realtek), different slots,
different ip's, different network cables, different switch port,
rebooting, resetting to default settings but whatever I do I seem to
get the same probem - everything looks fine - I get a link light on the
card, link light on the switch, m0n0 detects the link fine when it's
plugged in (shows up) and doesn't show up when it's not plugged in but I
just can't see it from the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--ian