[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 To:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Troubles writing m0n0 to HDD
 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:06:35 -0400
With regards to the easiest method of loading m0n0 on an HD, I have had
very good luck booting the PC via a BartPE CD and then running the
physdiskwrite.exe utility to write the image.  BartPE is essentially a
Windows liveCD, similar to knoppix, just windows.  You can find it here:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You will need a Windows XP or 2003 installation disk to create the
BartPE CD, but the whole thing is automated and easy to customize.

-Bryan

-Snip-

> >What is the easiest way to install m0n0 on a HDD?  Pull it and put it
in
> >another PC?  Use DamnSmallLinux and put the .img on a CD and load it
from
> >that CD on to the RAM Disk and gunzip from there?  If I end up in a
trial
> >and error mode here I want to try to make my loading of this as
painless
> as
> >possible :)
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Brian

-Snip

Virus Database (VPS): 0444-1, 10/27/2004
Tested on: 10/28/2004 5:06:35 PM