[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 To:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Accessing a bridged DSL modem...
 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:24:18 -0700
I have ADSL and am using m0n0 1.1 on a soekris. My westell DSL modem is
set to do bridging but can be accessed at 192.168.1.1 to get
statistics.

I have a static IP of 209.xxx.yyy.78 that is assigned to the WAN m0n0.
My LAN is 192.168.100.1/24. Both of these are in a cold and dark place
that I never want to go. So when I need to access the modem to
configure anything or access it, I cannot do so easily. M0n0 doesn't
know where 192.168.1.1 is.

How would I have to configure m0n0 in order to access the DSL modem and
still be able to use the ISP's routable IP?