[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  net4801 Console speed confusion
 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:34:51 -0700
I've had some hard times when talking to a soekris (how to you
pronounce that anyway?) net4801 through the console.  If I set minicom
(on either linux or OS X) to use 19200 bps then I get to see the
soekris bios boot stuff, but once booted the m0n0wall menu looks like
line noise.  On the other hand, if I set minicom to use 9600 bps, then
I can talk of m0n0, but get gibberish from the soekris bios.

I assume (haven't tested this yet) that I can "fix" this by setting the
net4801 BIOS to communicate at 9600.  I'm fine with that if it works,
but since I've seen no other mention of this problem, I'm wondering
whether I've done something else wrong.

Also, are their better Unix tools than minicom?