[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at adrianocastro dot net'" <m0n0wall at adrianocastro dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Embedded PC: 2 vs 3 Ethernet Ports
 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:43:30 +0200

These 'Virtual DMZ's' are really something different. I guess you mean the
'DMZ host' you select in the cheap linksys and other home-routers, but that
is something completely different.
The DMZ's I use, are to prevent a hacker from taking over my whole LAN, when
he gets to my Webserver or mail-reverse-proxy, who both are in the dmz.
Hosts placed in the DMZ only have very limited (or none at all) access to
the LAN. By now I think you can agree that doing that on the same interface
of the LAN completely defeats the purpose of a DMZ.

>      Can anyone enlighten me, please?
>
>      Terribly sorry if this question sounds awkward or even dumb but
> there's a long way to go for me in the firewall/embedded PC world.
>

>      Thank you for your time and understanding.
>

>      AD

Regards,
Joa

MISSION STATEMENT