[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPv6 Tunnelling
 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:58:31 +0100
Hi,

I have access to access ipv6  via a tunnel to my university, I know
there is the ability to forward ipv6 packets in m0n0wall, however what
about actual ipv6 support?

Here is the script, (with ips blurred) given to me by the uni for
setting up the tunnel in freebsd, I run these commands using the
exec.php page.

ifconfig gif0 create [runs ok]
ifconfig gif0 tunnel {my_ip} {tunnel_server} [runs ok]
ifconfig gif0 inet6 alias {my_ipv6_range} [fails claims no ipv6 support]
route add -inet6 default -interface gif0 [didnt run cos of above]

I assume that this means there isnt ipv6 support in the kernel, are
there any plans to include this feature?

Regards
~Mat Johns
mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk