[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall doesn't like a new PC on the network.. :(
 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:50:56 -0400
My first guess would be that you ran out of addresses in your dhcp
pool.  Rebooting m0n0wall would flush the leases database, causing any
inactive IPs to be available again for leasing.  Unfortunately, you
really need to see the log information when something like this
happens in order to see what really went wrong.  Rebooting m0n0wall
also clears the log entries.

Of course, it could be something else, but I'm betting the dynamic
pool was maxed out for DHCP.

good luck,
jim