[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  pdornier2341 at pcengines dot ch, wvdputte at kd85 dot com
 Subject:  m0n0wall in the French press
 Date:  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:29:12 +0200
Hi all!

I'm happy to announce that m0n0wall is on the front page of the November
issue of French computer magazine "Login:" (released today). It contains
a beginners-oriented article and comes with a monthly CD-Rom
(with the current 1.1 images for all platforms)

When I started to write this article, my goal was to make the French
Linux and BSD communities aware of the great project that m0n0wall has
become. (I must admit I was even not sure it would ever be published...)
Now it's there, so I hope the French community of users will
grow and give us lots of useful feedback!

For those who are interested, the editor web site's forum is at:
http://www.posse-press.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=26375 (sorry,
in French only).

Many thanks to:
(it's now or never)

- Manuel Kasper (the boss) who made me learn a lot on m0n0wall in
general, on its original design in particular (and for his great
patience with me of course ;-)

- Michael Alderete for his famous "Getting started with m0n0wall"
on-line article [1] and for letting me re-use some of his network figures.

- Chris Buechler and Jim McBeath for their accurate work on m0n0wall's

And all the very nice people on the mailing lists (I can't write
everyone's name here...) for their "savoir-faire" (know-how) and their
unfailing motivation.

Let's have a drink!

$> cd /pub
$> more beer

-- Vincent

[1] - http://www.aldosoft.com/docs/m0n0wall-getting-started.html

PS : I hope the magazine can be found in Belgium + Luxembourg +
Switzerland, too.