[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Embedded PC: 2 vs 3 Ethernet Ports
 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:40:37 -0400
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:58:35 -0500, RP Smith <rpsmith at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> >The "trusted" network can connect to the untrusted network,
> >but the untrusted network can't talk to the trusted network.
> >

> Dave,
>
> What rules do you have to accomplish the above?  Also, if you VPN to the
> m0n0wal,
> can you get to both networks thru the VPN?  If so, how do you make that
> work?

There is some recent documentation on how to set up a DMZ interface,
including best practices for firewall rules.  See this.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/examples.html#id2594123

Still a work in progress, but it explains specifically what you're
asking about.  (minus the VPN, which I'm not sure of offhand)

-Chris