[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Got2Go" <got2go at msn dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WRAP (3eth) - M0N0 1.1 -> Unstable - Random freeze/lockup
 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:14:52 -0700
Hello list,

I have a new WRAP board with a 64MB CF card, running M0n0 1.1 (tried the
beta 2 as well).
It seems to run fine, except sometimes it will freeze/crash without an
apparent reason or trigger.

When it freezes, the serial console will show nothing, and it will not
respond to anything.
On the network side, the links are still up, lights on/flashing, but no
traffic goes through, and no ping can be made to the interfaces on the WRAP.
No access through serial or HTTP/HTTPS to the box.

Only a power cycle will restore it to working order.

This has happened a few times since I set it up a few days ago.
I tried 2 different power supplies, and tried different CF cards, as well as
beta2 and 1.1 versions.

I have the 3 eth WRAP board.
Opt1 is bridged with WAN.

It also happened with no traffic going through the WRAP.
I have 1 PC directly connected to the Opt1 bridged interface, and the WAN
interface is connected to my local LAN (Linksys WRT54G). Nothing is
connected to the LAN port. filtering on bridge is not on. Traffic shaping is
on.

Last night, I shutdown the PC on Opt1, and this morning, when I turned on
the PC, the WRAP had locked up again at some point.

Any ideas ?
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Got2Go