[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hacking together some custom extensions
 Date:  Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:14:04 -0400
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:45:35 -0600, Dave Warren
<maillist at devilsplayground dot net> wrote:
> sai wrote:
>
> >I like the idea of the LED that lights up when something is blocked ! I
> >know it would give me a good feeling.
> >

> With all the viruses/worms/whatever constantly port scanning these days you could simulate the
effect by relabeling your "power" light.

Indeed.  :)

Seeing blocked traffic shouldn't give you a sense of security anyway.
Dropped traffic isn't what you need to be concerned about - it can't
hurt you.  What matters is what you're letting in, or out in some
cases.

-Chris