[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "The Unwanted" <no dot emails dot plz at netvisao dot pt>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Status: Inteface question
 Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:27:05 +0100
Or using a diferent approach...

For example havin a Byte counter and also a Kbyte or Mbyte (do I hear
Gbyte?) counter...

This would make 32bits much less prone to wrap-around , as the problem is
actualling having only 32bits to count bytes...

A Kbyte scaler would be nice (4294967295Kbytes = 4095Gb which far larger,
and keeping track of each byte on the network is actually too minute INMHO)

Pedro