[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ALFREDO GONZALEZ" <got2go at msn dot com>
 To:  no dot emails dot plz at netvisao dot pt, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Status: Inteface question
 Date:  Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:45:52 +0000
>From: "The Unwanted" <no dot emails dot plz at netvisao dot pt>
>To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
>Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] Status: Inteface question
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:27:05 +0100
>
>Thanks for the through response but.... I kindda lost me there ;)
>
>1 - I don't use SNMP at all
>2 - Don't know how to do it
>3 - You mean making those SNMP queries to the NIC attached to the Cable
>Modem, or to the actual NIC?
>
>Pedro

Hi Pedro,

1- SNMP is normally used to query the interface counters on many systems. It
is the defacto standard for this, and pretty much every networked device and
OS in existance has this capabillity.
(except unmanaged switches/hubs and other dumb devices). You dont have to
use it, but it is there, and can be used for this purpose.

2- Perhaps somebody here might find the time to make a PHP (or some other
language) to do this on a custom webpage on the mono itself.

3- The SNMP query would be made on the mono interfaces directly (WAN, LAN,
and any OPT interfaces) This would give you accurate counters for any
traffic going through the mono box.

Got2Go